Stat Counter

Friday, October 8, 2010

Musings

-- I can't believe it's Hammer Time in Jerusalem. How many harem pants do I need to see before I break out my mid-90's moves?

-- Streaming NPR while at home makes me feel much calmer. I'm not up to reading the Israeli news yet because I don't want to get too furious too soon.

-- EMN, what happened to your face? Your lip is puffy.
Well, I was poking my head into a coffee shop. The plate glass door had been propped open, so I just stuck my face in. Before I knew it, my face collides with the doorframe! Apparently a man biking down the sidewalk was trying to dodge the door and the sukkah and simply couldn't do both. So he knocked the door shut onto my head. And this is how I came to deeply connect with the door frame. Luckily, the swelling went down significantly and is pretty much gone.

-- I figured out how to make the ants go away. Composting!! Now that there's no food in our trash, we have many fewer ants. Maybe the product I sprayed in the corners, DeBugger Effective, had something to do with it too.

-- My computer is still broken, so I have to use LMN's. While it's annoying, I've boiled down the feelings to being upset about sharing. Really, EMN?! You can't just share?
I'm learning...I'm learning...

-- I still like seeing all the cats here. That's how I know I'm not a real Jerusalemite. About half the cats look like my childhood pet, so that makes me happy. But I can't tell if it was a baby or a cat wailing on my block for the past ten minutes. In Jerusalem, I'm not sure either species is domesticated.

-- If I lived in this climate and wore that much clothing, I'd be angry and territorial too. "Don't come near me! Don't touch me! Don't even go near somewhere I might want to go later! AARRGHH!"
(I think the key to the peace process is little less tznius, some ice cream, and a massage.)

-- The It Gets Better Project is amazing. Let's give bullied kids (queer and not) some hope! http://www.youtube.com/itgetsbetterproject
I'm having trouble avoiding watching the videos all day. They're so powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment